Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bible Study Thoughts

Serious blog today floks. Sorry but this was good and I wanted to share it with you all! So consider yourself very special that I would share this with you. =)

So I was at bible study last night and someone mentioned this quote by Martin Luther King:

"Love God, do what you want"

Interesting thought. So does that mean I can love God and then do whatever I want even if it's not pleasing to God? Well no. And here is what we came up with. If you love God then you will want to do what he wants you to do, and not what the world wants you to do.

Another thing that was mentioned was don't put off getting right with God. 1st of all you don't know when you are going to die so that's one reason why you shouldn't put if off. Another reason is because the further you go down the wrong path and keep postponing getting right with God, the darker your heart gets and it's less likely you will turn around. So don't put off getting right with him, because he wants your heart now.

So that's all I have to say. Keep your hearts pure from sin and stay on the path of righteousness. And when you feel conviction respond to God and confess your sins with humility and repentence.

No comments: