So I'm in the process of writing my story (http://inthreeparts.blogspot.com/) but I thought getting caught up on this thing is way more important...for now. So as I was at work trying to find something to do for the last hour it occurred to me that the same people (Carmen, Kayla, Megan, and Rachel) are the exact same people in "That's What We Said" (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=265247424) Crazy huh? Some day we'll be famous....
Ok so here's an update on the last few days...
I've had some weird dreams. Dream number one goes like this:
I'm sitting in my dorm room with Angela and Kayla. We're talking and Angela keeps making fun of me, nagging me, and pestering me. All of a sudden I yell at Angela and tell her to back off. And in my head I'm thinking "Wow, I sounded really mad...but I am mad...I can't believe how stern that was (I was almost proud of myself for being so stern)" and then I get off my bed and I'm about to leave the room but then decided not to because I was tired of always leaving when I got mad. Instead I grab a pillow and lay on Kayla's bed and start crying. Kayla then gets teary-eyed and says to me "I know how you feel. Heather does the same to me. But you just have to ignore it." Angela apologizes saying she didn't mean to hurt my feelings and I look at the pillow and start fiddling with it and replied "it's ok." I wanted to apologize for yelling at her but I couldn't bring myself to. I was thinking that it was ok that I got mad, I wasn't in the wrong. Then it just got extremely uncomfortably awkward...then I woke up.
Ok dream number two goes like this:
I'm shopping with Rachel for a prom dress. And I can't figure out why no one else is. I haven't been asked to prom yet and neither has Rachel. And I'm trying to figure out why no one has been asked yet. Then I realize that prom is still 3 weeks away, but it still didn't make sense. Because three weeks was still pretty soon. Then someone asks me what grade I'm in and I say I'm a senior in high school. But in my head I keep thinking "that doesn't sound right, why doesn't that sound right. I'm a senior? Yeah...I'm a senior...why do I feel like I should be older?" And it goes on like that for a while and I just can't figure out why it doesn't sound right....then I woke up.
Weird huh? So Kayla if you can please explain to me what these mean.
So I haven't really been doing much but work. Sometimes I'll go see Rachel who works at the jazz radio station. I'll talk to her while she presses button and stuff. Our conversations usually go like this...
Me: "Hey can I say something?"
Rachel: "No"
Me: "Come on! I can do it. Listen (and then I talk in my best radio voice) Thank you for listening to jazz 89.5"
Rachel: "No"
Me: "Ok...well then can you give me a shout out?"
Rachel: umm, no"
Me: "Can I press buttons?, Can I pick the next song?!"
Rachel: "You're not allowed to touch anything"
And that goes on for a while. Sooner or later I give up and decide to go home. Walk the long lonely walk by myself. Sometimes I just decide to not go see her and just listen (like for right now for example), the only time I will ever listen to jazz. And now even as I listen to it I can't really stand it. But good friends support each other...right?
Well I'm in the process of writing yet another song. So that's what I must leave to go do now. I know you would love to keep reading this oh-so-interesting blog, but if I ever learned anything from this life it's you don't always get what you want. And I want to write my song so that means you don't get to read anymore. Life's not always fair but it's how you deal with it that makes you who you are.
Hugs and kisses from the one who keeps you entertained for about 5 minutes...or however long it takes you to read this.
And in the words of Jared..
Peace!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Carmen, go write your story.
Post a Comment