Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Younger Brother

So apparently my younger brother also thinks I'm to innocent for such things. He was singing a song the other day. Our conversation went something like this...

Evan: [Singing some random song at the top of his voice]
Carmen:[Working on a puzzle, trying so hard not to go insane] "Evan that doesn't really sound like a song, so if you want to stop singing I'm ok with that"
Evan:[Speaking in this weird voice he does....I can't really explain, but our whole conversation he is talking to me in a fake voice...just so you know...not like you can really hear it or anything] "Carmen it's Tenacious D. Of course it's a real song."
Carmen: "Oh! Is that the band with Jack Black? He can't really sing"
Evan: "Are you kidding me!? Of course he can sing! He can do so many different pitches! You just haven't really heard him sing"
Carmen: "Guess I'll just have to listen to him then"
Evan: "You don't want to do that."
Carmen: "Um pretty sure I do."
Evan: "No, I don't think you should listen to them. They're not good for your ears to hear"
Carmen: "Oh but you can?"

Evan: "Carmen I go to public school"
Carmen: "Um me too."
Evan: "Oh that's right! Well maybe you can listen to them!"
Carmen: "Ok well then I'm going to"
Evan: "You still probably shouldn't listen the them."

This went on for a while. Eventually my mom over heard the conversation..that's not always good..

Mom: "Evan, if Carmen shouldn't listen to it then you shouldn't either"
Evan: "What are you talking about mom? Listen to what?" (He's so good at playing dumb)
Mom: "You heard me Evan"
Evan: "Yeah but I go to public school"

Carmen: "We've been over this...."
Mom: "You shouldn't be listening to bad music"
Evan: "What music mom? All my music is good stuff"


That went on for a while too. See what I mean though? And he is younger than me...

Not much to say today. These keep getting shorter. Sorry, I don't really have a life at home...

No comments: