I just thought I'd give you all a little glimpse of how special my sister is and how much she means to me.
It was my birthday today and she took me to dinner (to an extremely nice restaurant that I'm sure wasn't cheap) with all my friends and some of hers. She made sure that my birthday was extra special and I love her for that. And so this is what I have to say
Growing up we said we loved each other but really we didn't know what love was. Fighting about the stupid things (which I mostly started but I would never admit that), picking on each other, trying to make the other cry (at least I know I tried. She was tough and didn't cry much so that was a difficult situation to accomplish. But when I did make her cry I felt bad because she never cried. With me all she had to do was laugh at me and I'd run to my room bawling my eyes out. So it wasn't really a challenge for her). I'm sure we hated each other.
My best friend Rachel would always try and make me see how special having a sister was because she grew up with 2 brothers. When my sister was being a "selfish brat" was how I put it, Rachel was always there to show me that I too was being selfish in my own stubborn way. Of course that never went over well with me, but I learned. And now I see how special having a sister really is. She's the one I can go to, to talk about everything and anything. And I can thank Rachel for showing me how special a sister really is.
My sister is the one who will laugh with me and at me, and she'll comfort me when I can't find comfort in myself. She's grown to become my best friend and I can't help but thank God that our relationship has improved. I love her more than words can ever express, she means the world to me. I just wish I could have been a better sister when we were younger.
My two best friends are my sisters, what more could I ever ask for?
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment